This is a bugfix release, addressing a number of important issues in the 0.6 release. Specifically:
- The GStreamer plugin was broken with old versions of GStreamer (such as the one shipped on Nokia Internet Tablets) which did not accept "BSD" as a valid license type.
- Runtime performance of the statistical LM based decoder was significantly worse than 0.5 when not using phoneme lookahead. It is now about 10% faster and also uses less memory.
- The FSG decoder now consumes drastically less memory and CPU power. (It is still not as good as it should be, but no longer completely embarrassing)
- The Python modules were undocumented. Docstrings compatible with epydoc have been added.
- Raw audio logging (-rawlogdir) was broken.
- Adding new words works properly, including words with unknown triphones (which never worked before).
- The SphinxBase Python module can now use class-based language models.
- The pitch estimation utility (sphinx_pitch) now builds properly on Win32.
- Some problems with the N-Gram iterator API have been fixed.
- Bestpath search has been fixed to handle recognition failure gracefully.
Source code is available for download on SourceForge. Binary packages for Ubuntu will be updated shortly.