Congratulations with the new release.
Get it here:
New Features and Improvements:
* Alignment demo and grammar to align long speech recordings to
transcription and get word times
* Lattice grammar for multipass decoding
* Explicit-backoff in LexTree linguist
* Significant LVCSR speedup with proper LexTree compression
* Simple filter to drop zero energy frames
* Graphviz for grammar dump vizualization instead of AISee
* Voxforge decoding accuracy test
* Lattice scoring speedup
* JSAPI-free JSGF parser
* Insertion probabilities are counted in lattice scores
* Don't waste resources and memory on dummy acoustic model
* Small DMP files are loaded properly
* JSGF parser fixes
* Documentation improvements
* Debian package stuff
Antoine Raux, Marek Lesiak, Yaniv Kunda, Brian Romanowski, Tony
Robinson, Bhiksha Raj, Timo Baumann, Michele Alessandrini, Francisco
Aguilera, Peter Wolf, David Huggins-Daines, Dirk Schnelle-Walka.
As of today, CMUSphinx project is proud to present you the Spanish acoustic model. It was trained on the acoustic data to support both wideband recognition of microphone speech recordings and narrowband recognition of the telephone speech. Now you can build Spanish IVR using CMUSphinx tools.
You can find the model HERE.
Please try and report the accuracy results.
Also, note that there are models for many languages like German, Dutch, French or Russian. In the future we are going to expand the set of languages for your convenience.
If you are using HTK still and has headaches with it, you have last chance to move to CMUSphinx! You can even take your models with you!
The htk2s3conv package which converts HTK model to SphinxTrain format has been landed in our VCS recently, check it out at
Don't forget to read the documentation!
Recently we wrote about one interesting project where sphinx4 was used in contemporary art installation. That's really enouraging that being very easy for art designer sphinx4 allows to create new virtual reality. Please consider another interesting one:
If you got interested, code and description is here.