CMUSphinx Tutorial For Developers
This manual is going to describe the applications of CMUSphinx toolkit. Such applications could include voice control of desktop, various automotive devices, intelligent houses. Other possible applications are speech transcription, closed captioning, speech translation, voice search and language learning. If you want to create one of them, CMUSphinx toolkit is your choice.
This manual is intended for developers who need to apply speech technology in their applications, not for speech recognition researches. Its recommended to start with a textbook on speech technologies in other case. Spoken Language Processing by Acero, Huang and others is a good choice for that.
The structure is the following:
- Basic concepts of speech
- Overview of the CMUSphinx toolkit
- Before you start
- Building the application with sphinx4
- Building the application with pocketsphinx
- Using pocketsphinx on Android
- Building the dictionary
- Building the language model
- Adapting existing acoustic model
- Building the acoustic model
- Tuning the performance